Quantcast

Friday, November 10, 2017

The perks of being an adult

The perks of being an adult


What silly, frivolous ways do you do adult things, like buying pizza and hot chocolate because you feel like it and it's raining and what other late time second dinner could be more perfect for this dreary weather?

Here are some of my indulgences, made possible only by being an out-of-the-house adult with my own paycheck.

  • Ice cream with breakfast.  Sometimes.  Just because.
  • Spoiling myself with routine at-home face masks and skincare
  • Buying organic as much as possible
  • Staying home with a good book, a good tv show, or a good homemade meal instead of going out
  • Applying to work at companies you love because who knows what could happen
  • Taking a class on something new (I love Homestead Atlanta for this.)
  • Cooking up a super fancy dinner at home with wine to drink and king crab legs to eat (because it's cheaper to buy and prepare it yourself and I'm still mostly frugal)
  • Brunch!
  • Buying the cute comfy underwear because why settle for anything less anymore?
  • Choosing to drink tea for its health and calming benefits, but mostly because it feels luxurious, especially when paired with fancy mugs
What about you?  I'd love to hear how you treat yourself.  Share in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.